Commercial glass replacement is only a good idea when it becomes necessary. In the meantime, you can include many tips and tricks in your cleaning routine that will make your windows sparkle. Cleaning your windows on your own also saves you money from what would have otherwise been spent on hiring a cleaning company. This guide will teach you everything you need to know about cleaning your commercial windows.
Tips for Commercial Window Cleaning
Before we get started on cleaning your commercial windows, you must ensure that you have the necessary cleaning equipment and solutions.
- Professional window cleaning solution: This product can be used directly with a squeegee, or it can be poured into a spray bottle and used with a microfiber towel.
- Squeegee: You will need a squeegee to get rid of the cleaning solution from the window.
- Sponge: A sponge will make it easy for you to apply a solution to the window. If you want to do some gentle scrubbing, a sponge will come in handy.
- Cleaning scraper: This is a great way to eliminate any debris stuck on the windows.
- Microfiber cloth: Microfiber cloths are great because they absorb a lot of water and don’t leave behind streaks.
- Utility bucket: A utility bucket is recommended because it can hold up to 6 gallons of water.
- Make sure that you dilute the cleaning solution with water: 2 to 1 in your utility bucket or spray bottle.
- Spray or apply the cleaning solution to the windows
- If you see any debris on the windows that won’t come off, this is the perfect time to use your scraper.
- Use your squeegee to dry the glass. You will need to start in the top left corner of the window. Using a horizontal motion, drag your squeegee straight across the window. You can then take a rag and wipe off the blade of the squeegee. This should be repeated until the entire window is dry.
- Use a microfiber rag to wipe the edges of the window and any other spots you may have missed.
Additional Tips To Remember
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind when cleaning commercial windows:
- If you wash your commercial windows in direct sunlight, you will be left with streaks. Instead, schedule a time to wash them when they are not in direct sunlight. Also, avoid washing your windows in the winter.
- Touch-ups are necessary, but ensure that you only use a dry microfiber cloth to avoid leaving streaks on your windows.
- Over time, your squeegee blades may become dull. If you continue to use it, you will leave streaks on the glass. Check your blades every so often and change them if necessary.
- Professional cleaning solutions contain ammonia. Practice caution when using ammonia. Ammonia is known to remove window tints and can even leave spots on the wood.
- Acid-based cleaners are beneficial in removing water spots that are hard to eliminate.
- Avoid pressure washing your windows to prevent damage to the gasket seals.
Commercial windows should be washed at least once a year. With that in mind, it is also important to recognize the signs that you need industrial glass replacement and take the necessary actions.
Categorised in: Window Maintenance
This post was written by admin