Ready to invest in new glass shower doors for your bathroom? Before you do, it’s important to educate yourself on the many different shower door options. There are pivot doors, hinged doors, frameless doors, sliding doors and more. Each type of door for glass showers comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. Read on if you’re interested in learning more about the many types of glass shower doors:
- Frameless doors: Frameless glass doors for showers are popular these days, and for good reason: they look elegant and are usually easy to clean. That said, they come with several disadvantages as well. For one, frameless doors are more expensive, because they’re difficult to install. It’s important to hire a professional instead of trying to install frameless glass doors on your own.
- Framed doors: Everyone has seen a framed glass shower door at some point in their life. These doors are cost-efficient and look great. They also come in a variety of styles and are often easy to install. The metal frame itself makes these doors exceptionally durable. The main disadvantage with framed shower doors is that many people don’t find them as aesthetically pleasing as other types of doors.
- Hinged doors: Hinged doors open out instead of sliding open, which many people prefer. These doors are available in both framed and frameless versions, making it easy to find the perfect shower door for your bathroom. If you have a smaller bathroom, hinged shower doors may not be the best, as they take up additional space when open.
- Sliding doors: Also available in both framed and frameless versions, sliding shower doors are great for those trying to save some space in their bathroom. These doors allow you to enter from either the front or rear of your shower. They are extremely easy to operate, yet difficult to install.
- Curved doors: If you’re looking for a more modern shower door option, consider a curved shower door. Since the glass and metal must be curved for these doors, they’re usually more expensive. In fact, they’re one of the most expensive options for glass shower doors. That said, these doors look amazing and can help offer some extra space in your shower.
- Bi-fold doors: These doors mix elements of both hinged and sliding shower doors. They are another great option for those with limited space in their bathroom. The main issue with these doors is that they’re only available in framed versions.
- Other doors: As mentioned above, there are a variety of options when it comes to glass shower doors. Other popular types include barn doors, pivot doors, steam doors, bypass doors and more.
Even if you aren’t planning on investing in a shower door that’s difficult to install, it’s smart to let a professional take care of the installation process. You don’t want to accidentally make a mistake that results in a floor covered with broken glass. Working with a professional will ensure your glass shower door gets installed properly and in a reasonable amount of time.
Contact the experts at Santa Fe Glass & Mirror today for top-quality frameless shower door options at competitive prices.
Categorised in: Glass Shower Doors
This post was written by Writer