Five Tips for Spring Window CleaningApril 27, 2020 11:11 pm Leave your thoughts
If you’re gearing up for spring cleaning, chances are you already have a few chores around the house on your list. While organizing and cleaning inside can make a big difference, it’s important to set aside some time for cleaning your home’s exterior, as well—including your windows. To get your windows looking great inside and out this spring, follow some key tips for spring cleaning and window maintenance in Santa Fe, NM.
Window cleaning might seem like a simple task, but it can be a challenge to achieve clean windows without streaks or smudges. With that in mind, it’s worth it to put a few helpful tips into practice for cleaning windows in the spring:
- Use the right tools: Before you begin cleaning, gather all the tools and products you need to do the job right. Choose a cleaner that’s specifically designed for cleaning glass. If you’re running low on cleaning products, stock up before you start washing your windows. It’s best to use window cleaners generously to make sure that the entire surface of your glass gets cleaned as fully as possible.
- Remove window screens: During the fall and winter, it’s common for screens to develop a buildup of grime, dirt, algae and debris. Remove the screens to give you full access to your windows and take the time to wash the screens before putting them back.
- Clean when the weather is mild: Sunshine is very effective at drying things out, but rapid drying isn’t ideal when cleaning windows. Cleaning windows in direct sunlight can cause cleaning products to dry very quickly, before they can be wiped away, and that increases streaks and smudges. Clean your windows on a day when the weather is mild, dry and cloudy for the best outcomes.
- Don’t rush: Make sure you set aside plenty of time for window cleaning. Depending on how many windows you have and how big they are, it could take a few hours to clean them all. It’s much better to take your time and carefully clean each window than to rush through the cleaning process and leave your windows looking streaky and dingy. If you have a lot of windows to clean, break up the work over a couple of days to give yourself plenty of time for careful cleaning.
- Perfect your technique: Technique is very important when it comes to window washing. Start cleaning at the top of the window and work your way down to minimize streaking. Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to wipe down your windows and achieve a streak-free finish. For even less streaking, try using a squeegee to wipe away excess water and cleaning product.
Window maintenance in Santa Fe, NM
If your windows are looking worn out and you’re thinking about investing in window maintenance in Santa Fe, NM, reach out to Santa Fe Glass & Mirror. We have been the premier provider of glass services for commercial and residential customers in our community for over two decades. Whether you need window maintenance services or you’re interested in having new windows installed altogether, give our team a call today.
Categorised in: Window Maintenance
This post was written by Writer