It’s monsoon season again, and you know what that means: heavy rainfall! Though we can’t prevent the downpours, we can help to ensure that your house doesn’t get flooded as a result of rain coming in through the windows. Continue reading to learn how we can help you through monsoon season with window repair in Santa Fe, NM.
Signs your windows need repair
There are some clear signs that your window needs to be fixed, like if it’s shattered into a hundred pieces. However, there are some less obvious signs that some homeowners might not pick up on. Here are a few of those signs:
- Condensation: Is there a buildup of condensation between your window panes? This might just seem like a minor inconvenience, but it’s actually an indication that the seal between the panes is broken and moisture is slipping in. If the problem is addressed early enough, we can possibly repair the window. If not, it should be replaced sooner rather than later.
- Chips: Hail and tiny rocks flying up from a lawnmower are two of the leading causes of chipped windows. These chips start small at first, and might not even be noticeable, but trust us when we say that they’ll grow and quickly turn into large cracks. Again, if you call soon, we may be able to fix them instead of having to replace your whole window.
- Cracks: The most obvious sign that you need to call us is if your windows are cracking. Cracks typically can’t be fixed and the windows will need to be replaced. It’s better to call us now for replacement, because our schedule is filling up fast!
Benefits of repairing or replacing now
Window repair in Santa Fe, NM should never be delayed. Here are a few reasons to replace those old or broken windows as soon as possible:
- Keep Mother Nature out: Don’t let rain get inside your house and ruin your belongings this monsoon season! Instead, call us right away to either repair or replace those old windows. Doing so could be the difference between a dry home and one that’s totally soaked.
- Stay comfortable: Old windows tend to be drafty, allowing outside air to come inside while letting your conditioned air slip out. These two factors combined can make your house uncomfortable throughout the year. The only way to fix this situation is to have your old windows replaced.
- Lower energy bills: The drafty windows mentioned above don’t just make your home uncomfortable—they waste tons of money each month! Replacing your windows keeps the hot air out and keeps your cool air in, meaning you won’t have to spend as much on your energy bill. Replacing your windows can potentially save hundreds of dollars throughout the year.
Don’t choose anyone else but Santa Fe Glass & Mirror if your windows need to be repaired or replaced! Our fast service and low prices make us the best in town when it comes to window repair in Santa Fe, NM.
Categorised in: Window Repair
This post was written by Writer