Commonly Asked Questions About Replacing Double Pane WindowsApril 5, 2019 10:13 pm Leave your thoughts
Unless you live in an older home, there’s a very good chance that all of the windows in your home are double pane windows. They’re more energy efficient, they increase your comfort level and they even block out some noise from outside. However, double pane windows do have one downfall: they’re not invincible.
More likely than not, there will come a time when you’ll need to call a professional for double pane window replacement in Santa Fe, NM. Keep reading to learn more about replacing your double pane windows!
Do I need to replace both panes?
One of the biggest questions people ask us is whether or not they have to pay to replace both panes in a double pane window. Simply put, yes you do—for a double pane window to be effective, the pieces of glass need to be fully intact and have an airtight seal between them. If one of those panes is broken, the window is far less effective, and you might as well just have a single pane window.
How do I know I need new panes?
Unless an object flies through your window and shatters the glass, you may not know that you need to replace your panes. Here are a few of the indicators that it’s time to call a pro:
- Random drafts: Have you ever been hanging out in your living room when a sudden draft passes through the room? If so, one of your panes could be broken, or the seal might be damaged.
- Higher energy bills: Double pane windows drastically reduce your monthly energy bills—that is, unless one of the panes is broken. If your bill is higher than usual, you may want to check out your windows to ensure everything is intact and functioning properly.
- Foggy windows: When the seal between the two panes breaks, air and moisture can slip in between the panes. This moisture creates a cloudy-looking window that’s quite unattractive. No amount of cleaning will get rid of that fog, either. You’ll just need to replace your window panes.
Why should I replace my panes?
Window replacement in Santa Fe, NM isn’t necessarily the least expensive home improvement project out there. In fact, it can cost several thousand dollars depending on how many windows you’re replacing. That said, here are a few of the many reasons why replacement is beneficial:
- Increase comfort: Since double pane windows work better to block out the elements and keep your heat and AC in, you’ll feel warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Additionally, double pane windows are better at blocking out the sun’s rays that raise the temperature in your home.
- Reduce energy bills: If your heater and AC don’t need to work as hard to keep your home at a comfortable temperature, your energy bill is bound to be lower! Though replacing your windows can be costly, you could save hundreds of dollars throughout the year on your heating and cooling bills.
- Block outside noise: Anyone who lives on a busy road knows that street traffic can be quite annoying. Though we can’t do anything to stop cars from honking or dogs from barking, we can replace your panes, which can help block out some of those sounds.
If you need new window panes, look no further than Santa Fe Glass & Mirror. Our pros have years of experience with window replacement in Santa Fe, NM, so you can count on us to get the job done.
Categorised in: Window Replacement
This post was written by Writer