There may come a time when you will need to repair or replace a mirror in your home, whether it’s a mirrored wall, a mirrored closet door or a bathroom mirror. The majority of these mirrors are pretty large and heavy, and some are unusually shaped. If you don’t know how to properly handle or install a mirror in any of these categories, then your best option is to consult with a professional. In addition to installation services, you can look for a company that also custom designs mirrors to fit the precise needs of your project.
Mirror installation may seem like a fairly straightforward task. However, not having any experience means an increased chance of damage to the mirror and injury to you or others. Here are six benefits of choosing a company like Santa Fe Glass & Mirror next time you need mirror replacement in Santa Fe, NM:
- The pros have experience: Whether you need new mirrors to replace old mirror panels on your master bedroom closet or a custom mirror for the guest bathroom, you should hire a company with years of experience. They will know how to handle glass and hang mirrors. Some can even create quality custom mirrors for clients.
- The pros work with old and new glass: While you might need completely new mirrors to be cut and properly mounted, other situations call for glass repair. For example, a glass expert can remove a water-damaged side on your mirror, then polish it up so it looks good as new. This means you can save old or damaged mirrors instead of sending them to the landfill. Repairing old mirrors is a great repurposing project and a nice way to save some money.
- Maintain safety: You can hurt yourself lifting a heavy mirror—you might throw out your back, cut your hands or smash your toes. A professional mirror installer has the tools and expertise necessary to handle heavy mirrors and is well prepared to handle the job.
- Avoid causing damage: As simple as moving a mirror may seem to be, it actually does take some practice. A professional mirror technician has experience with mirror installation. They can get the job done without chipping, scratching, breaking or dropping the glass. And if you’re putting the mirror behind a couch or over the mantel, investing in a professional installation minimizes the risk of a mirror falling down and damaging the things underneath and around it.
- Ensures proper mounting: Different wall materials will need different kinds of mirror supports. The experts know that mounting a mirror is not as simple as it sounds. You don’t want incorrectly installed brackets to come loose from the wall when a nearby door slams!
- Get pro hanging techniques: Hanging a bulky mirror is not the same as hanging an 8”x10” framed photograph. That size photo and frame is not heavy, but a 4’x6’ wood-framed wall mirror is! The professionals have access to a variety of mounting materials to ensure you get the best hanging technique for your project.
For more information about mirror replacement in Santa Fe, NM, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Santa Fe Glass & Mirror. Reach out anytime to learn more about what we can do for you!
Categorised in: Mirror Replacement
This post was written by Writer