The Benefits of Energy Efficient WindowsOctober 10, 2018 10:07 pm Leave your thoughts
Having to go through the process of residential glass replacement in Santa Fe, NM can be a stressful experience. Replacing your old, deteriorating windows is messy, as it requires you to open up holes in the side of your home and then go through the painstaking process of installing the new windows.
But getting the job done is important, as not only will new windows add significant value to your home, but the right windows can also save you money on an ongoing basis into the future. High-quality, energy efficient windows offer big-time benefits to homeowners across the nation.
Here are just a few examples of the biggest benefits associated with installing energy efficient windows in your home:
- Excellent insulation: Energy efficient windows are extremely effective when it comes to regulating the interior temperature of your home, eliminating hot and cold spots. These windows form a strong barrier against the outdoors to keep your home warm in the winter months and cool in the summer months, so you don’t have to worry about constantly running your furnace or air conditioner.
- Lower costs: Because you’re consuming less energy with your HVAC systems, you’ll benefit from big cost savings on your utility bills. Plus, many municipalities offer some hefty tax credits if you upgrade to energy efficient windows in your home. Both of these factors give you some extra ways to save money in your budget, and can help you pay off the costs associated with installation of the windows in the long run.
- Environmentally friendly: As we already mentioned, energy efficient windows allow you to reduce the amount of time your furnace or air conditioner is running at any given time, meaning you’re not using as much energy. This means your home doesn’t need as much power to regulate its temperature, so you’re cutting down on the impact your home has due to usage of fossil fuel sources like natural gas or coal power plants. Your home becomes more eco-friendly as a result.
- UV protection: Energy efficient windows typically feature a special type of coating on the glass that blocks the ultraviolet rays of the sun. UV light can damage some of the items inside of your home, causing fading of rugs, wood, carpets, fabric, paintings, photos and furniture. With these types of windows, up to 98 percent of these ultraviolet rays won’t get into your home, meaning you won’t have to worry nearly as much about these effects.
- Less maintenance: Energy efficient windows minimize the transfer of energy into the home, which means there’s less condensation buildup and a lower risk of mold as a result. The coating also prevents water spots and dirt from building up outside, meaning you don’t have to spend as much time cleaning them throughout the year.
For more information about some of the biggest benefits of energy efficient windows, we encourage you to contact the team at Santa Fe Glass & Mirror to discuss residential glass replacement in Santa Fe, NM.
Categorised in: Residential Glass Replacement
This post was written by Writer