Transform These Three Rooms with Custom Glass and Mirrors from a Glass Shop in Santa Fe, NMApril 23, 2018 2:07 pm Leave your thoughts
Mirrors and glass play a big role in our day-to-day lives. Whether we’re gazing through a shop window, checking the weather outside the patio door or grooming ourselves in front of a vanity, we may not pay attention to how many mirrors and panes of glass we interact with every day. Although mirrors and glass are largely used for functional purposes like windows and doors, they can also be incorporated into the decor and other items throughout your home to create a modern and eye-catching style.
There are nearly limitless possibilities for incorporating more glass into your home decor. Some pieces can be purchased directly from a store, while others may need to be custom-made. Visit a glass shop in Santa Fe, NM to see what one-of-a-kind glass pieces they can create for you for each of these three areas of your home.
Although we may not realize it, we spend a lot of time each day in the bathroom, for personal grooming, showering and more. Bathrooms are supposed to be the epitome of cleanliness, and what says “clean” more than a few panes of crystal-clear glass? Transform your bathroom into a modern haven with these simple upgrades:
- Glass shower doors: One of the most common bathroom upgrades is the installation of glass shower doors in Santa Fe, NM. There are lots of options when it comes to glass shower doors: frosted, etched or crystal clear panes can run floor-to-ceiling, encompass an entirely-glass enclosure or be a single door hung on an existing shower area. No matter what you choose, adding glass doors to your shower will help open up the area and make your shower feel more luxurious.
- Vanity mirrors: You probably already have a vanity mirror hanging over the sink in your bathroom, but perhaps it doesn’t fit your personal style anymore. Switch the mirror out for a larger or smaller size with beveled edges, or add a frame. You’ll be surprised at the difference it makes.
The kitchen is often considered the heart of the home where family and friends gather. A major trend sweeping residential homes is an ultra-modern, sleek kitchen. Dark wood cabinets and stainless steel appliances go perfectly with a few accents of glass and mirrors:
- Backsplash: Tucked under cabinets, your backsplash may not make an impression to most guests if it’s just painted or tiled. Consider adding a large mirrored pane or tiled mirrors to the backsplash for a dramatic and eye-catching style.
- Glass cabinets: Installing pure glass or panes of glass framed by wood in your cabinets can help open up the space, reflect more light and create a modern, stylish kitchen appearance.
- Tabletops: If you have a table in the kitchen, replace the top with a sturdy pane of glass. Tables made of dark colors can make a room feel cramped, while glass gives the impression of a more open space.
Living room or den
When it’s time to entertain guests or relax after a long day, you might curl up on a couch in your living room or den. This room is often well decorated and inviting, but can also feel cramped. Glass and mirrors can help give the appearance of a larger room:
- Oversized mirror: An oversized mirror placed in a large frame and propped up against the wall not only provides an interesting decor piece, but can also help bounce light around the room and make it feel bigger.
- Glass shelving: You probably have tabletops and shelves covered with knickknacks and family photographs lining your walls, but all those shelves can make things appear cluttered. Add glass shelving to draw more attention to the items and photos themselves and to open up the space.
- Mirror wall: Adding a large mirror directly to one wall will double the appearance of space in your living room and make the room look brighter and lighter throughout the day.
Santa Fe Glass & Mirror can create beautiful pieces of glass and mirrors for you to incorporate in your next home remodeling project. Visit us for glass repair and installation and our variety of custom products including decorations, tabletops, windows, tubs and glass shower doors in Santa Fe, NM. Call us today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Glass Shop, Glass Shower Doors, Mirror Replacement
This post was written by Writer